- Marinate Steak: Add all marinade ingredients to resealable bag. Toss until steak is well-coated. Marinate at least 1 hour in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Sear Steak: Heat greased skillet (Note 2) over medium to medium-high heat for a few minutes. Add marinated steak. Cook for 3 minutes, flip steak, and cook another 3 minutes. Reduce to low heat and and cook for another 10 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Transfer to cutting board and cut into slices.
- Cook Vegetables: Heat now-empty skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic, cooking until softened, a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook Orzo: Add orzo, tomato sauce, chicken broth, basil, and oregano to skillet with vegetables. Stir. Bring to simmer over high heat, then gradually reduce heat to medium-low to maintain simmer. Stirring frequently to prevent sticking, simmer until orzo is cooked and sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Serve: Remove skillet from heat. Add salt to taste, if needed. Divide orzo among serving bowls, top with skirt steak, and garnish with chives. Serve (Note 3).
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 600 (45% from fat)|
|Total Fat 30g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Net Carb 34.5g|
|Total Carb 39.5g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|