Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken
- Heat sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot.
- Add chicken and carrots and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Increase to medium-high heat. Any liquid released from cooking the chicken should be mostly evaporated; if not, let simmer for a few minutes to reduce the liquid in the pan.
- Add peas and crack eggs over the pan. Immediately stir in the eggs, scrambling them as you mix together with the other ingredients. Stir until the eggs are cooked and well-scrambled, a few minutes. At this point, the pan should be dry and not wet.
- Add riced cauliflower and evenly pour the soy sauce over the ingredients. Stir to mix everything together and to coat with the sauce. Cook until the cauliflower rice is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The cauliflower will shrink a bit when it’s cooked.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in sliced scallions and serve while hot.
|Nutrition Facts Per Serving|
|Total Fat 20g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carb 14.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
NOTES & TIPS
This stir-fry is quick to make (less than 30 minutes), using one pan on the stovetop and adding ingredients in stages, frying until everything is cooked through. This will need a large frying pan (at least 12 inches wide) or a wok. Leftovers for this recipe can be stored in a covered container in the fridge, and they reheat well using the microwave.