- 3 heads of Romaine lettuce chopped
- 20 fresh whole basil leaves
- 12 ounces grilled chicken strips
other options that work well: canned salmon and baked tofu
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- 1 large bell pepper red, orange, or yellow, diced
- roasted sunflower seeds to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- balsamic or citrus vinaigrette dressing to taste
- Distribute all of the ingredients evenly amongst 4 salad bowls. For the sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese, grab a small handful to toss into each bowl. For the dressing, add about 2-3 tablespoons per bowl.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad to fully mix all of the ingredients.
NOTES & TIPS
Feel free to make substitutes to this recipe. You can treat it as a template. The basil can easily be omitted or substituted for various herbs you have lying around, and I often substitute the chicken for salmon. It’s easy to change things up if you get bored.