This is a spicy-sweet black bean salad that is easy to prepare in just 3 steps, filled with healthy and fresh vegetables like tomatoes and bell peppers, and deliciously drizzled with a honey chipotle dressing. Yum.
I am loving these light summery no-cook salads right now. Summer is here and the days are long and hot, and it makes me crave something light and refreshing. This salad is a gorgeous and colorful array of vegetables including red tomatoes, green scallions and cucumbers, orange bell peppers, and black olives and beans. Just look and admire all of those colors.
Such a beautiful and refreshing summer salad, and it comes with an equally amazing dressing made of honey and chipotle peppers. It’s a very tasty and savory combination that makes this salad a winner. I love this dressing so much that I’ve been brainstorming other possible uses for it.
This salad is perfect to bring to a family picnic or potluck/party with friends. It’s easy to make ahead of time (did I mention there are only 3 steps?), involves no cooking, and keeps well in the fridge or cooler until you’re ready to serve it.
Easy spicy sweet black bean salad
This is a spicy-sweet black bean salad that is easy to prepare in just 3 steps, filled with healthy and fresh vegetables like tomatoes and bell peppers, and deliciously drizzled with a honey chipotle dressing.
For the salad:
- two 15-ounce cans of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounce can of sliced olives drained
- 5 scallions finely sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper finely chopped
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Mix well so that the salad ingredients are well coated in the delicious spicy sweet dressing. Drain any excess liquid.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.