This is a one-pan chicken dinner for two people, with simple ingredients and minimal prep work. Juicy pan-seared chicken is paired with a savory tomato sauce with prominent basil and garlic flavors, served with cauliflower rice. Great for low carb and gluten free diets.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (Note 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare Chicken: Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner. Pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides of all pieces with salt and pepper.
- Brown Chicken: In wide nonstick pan, add olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium to medium-high heat, stirring until butter is melted and pan is hot. Add chicken breasts in single layer. Cook until each side starts browning, about 4 minutes per side. When chicken is cooked through, transfer to plate. Work in batches if pan is not large enough to hold all at once.
- Make Sauce: Cool pan by reducing to medium-low heat. Add minced garlic, cooking until golden brown and aromatic, about a minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes and cayenne, loosening any browned bits that have stuck to pan. Increase heat to bring to simmer. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stirring occasionally, simmer for about 5 minutes to slightly thicken sauce; meanwhile, prepare cauliflower in next step.
- Make Cauliflower Rice: Stir together cauliflower rice and olive oil in heat-proof bowl and microwave until tender, about 3 minutes on high power.
- Finish & Serve: Reduce pan's heat until barely simmering. Stir in basil. Transfer chicken back to pan to soak up sauce. Serve with cauliflower rice.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 690 (51% from fat)|
|Total Fat 39g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||83%|
|Net Carb 9.5g|
|Total Carb 16.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
I made this for my mother and boyfriend last night. It was very delicious and they loved it! I was worried, because I am not much of a domestic goddess… but it turned out so well it surprised everyone, including myself! What a lovely treat! I can’t thank you enough for sharing this recipe so I could cook up some awesome in my kitchen!
This is one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. I ate the leftovers cold the next day. Can’t leave it alone. Big thank you.
I need to give this an A+
It was excellent and definitely making into my weekly rotation. The only thing I did differently is the store was out of unsalted crushed tomatoes so I used regular. Love love love this recipe.
Absolutely delicious! I added some fresh spinach and it was a hit! Thank you!
Just made this for dinner. Fairly easy and tasty! I didn’t have crushed tomatoes, only fresh grape. So I cooked those down with some chicken broth and reduced a bit. I added some mozzarella cheese on top too. Would make again!
Just made this, still eating it, and had to leave a review. This is SO good and so easy. Thank you so much for this recipe! I’ll be trying more for sure!
This is soooo good. I didn’t have cayenne, so I used red pepper flakes and smoked paprika. Definitely going to be a staple from now on! Thank you for the recipe!
Just made this & it was delicious.one of my fav so far!
I made thi tonight and it was delicious.
Oh I bet this is good! I do the same with chicken breasts – cut them horizontally so they are of a more uniform thickness. Works great!