- 2 cups riced cauliflower (Note 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare Chicken: Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner. Pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides of all pieces with salt and pepper.
- Brown Chicken: In wide nonstick pan, add olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium to medium-high heat, stirring until butter is melted and pan is hot. Add chicken breasts in single layer. Cook until each side starts browning, about 4 minutes per side. When chicken is cooked through, transfer to plate. Work in batches if pan is not large enough to hold all at once.
- Make Sauce: Cool pan by reducing to medium-low heat. Add minced garlic, cooking until golden brown and aromatic, about a minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes and cayenne, loosening any browned bits that have stuck to pan. Increase heat to bring to simmer. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stirring occasionally, simmer for about 5 minutes to slightly thicken sauce; meanwhile, prepare cauliflower in next step.
- Make Cauliflower Rice: Stir together cauliflower rice and olive oil in heat-proof bowl and microwave until tender, about 3 minutes on high power.
- Finish & Serve: Reduce pan's heat until barely simmering. Stir in basil. Transfer chicken back to pan to soak up sauce. Serve with cauliflower rice.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 690 (51% from fat)|
|Total Fat 39g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||83%|
|Net Carb 9.5g|
|Total Carb 16.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|