- Prepare Beef: Pat beef dry with paper towels if wet. Cut into thin 1/4-inch slices against grain (Note 4). Add beef to large mixing bowl, and evenly sprinkle corn starch over beef. Toss together until beef is well-coated. Set aside.
- Make Sauce: Add all peanut sauce ingredients to small bowl and vigorously stir until very smooth. While stirring, sauce will initially appear clumpy, but will quickly develop smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Cook Carrots: Heat oil in large nonstick pan (Note 5) over medium heat. Add carrots and cook until softened, a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook Beef: Add beef to pan with carrots. Cook until beef is mostly browned with little pink remaining, a few minutes, spreading well and flipping slices to brown all sides. Tongs or chopsticks may be useful for this.
- Add Sauce: Add peanut sauce and peanuts to pan, stirring everything together for a minute until beef and carrots are evenly coated with sauce. Turn off heat.
- Serve: Briefly stir in sliced scallions. Serve immediately (Notes 6-7).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 550 (54% from fat)|
|Total Fat 33g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Net Carb 10g|
|Total Carb 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|