- Prepare: Position oven rack in center of oven, and preheat to 350 F.
- Make Topping: Stir all topping ingredients except melted butter in large mixing bowl until well-mixed. Stir in melted butter until mixture becomes moistened crumbles. Set aside.
- Cook Filling: Melt butter in nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium heat. As it starts to bubble, stir occasionally to avoid burning. Once it starts to brown and releases nutty aroma, carefully stir in water to cool butter, then stir in sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla until dissolved. Bring to simmer, and add apple wedges and blackberries. Cook until most of released liquid is evaporated and softened apples are easily punctured, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off heat.
- Assemble: Transfer filling to 9×5-inch baking dish (Note 6), using spatula to scrape out every last bit of sticky sauce. Spread out filling to cover bottom of baking dish. Spread topping evenly over filling, breaking up large chunks and making sure filling is fully covered.
- Bake: Transfer baking dish to oven. Bake uncovered at 350 F until topping looks crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. It will be very hot, so cool for about 10 minutes before serving (Note 7).
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 200 (72% from fat)|
|Total Fat 16g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Net Carb 8.5g|
|Total Carb 13g (Note 8)||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||19%|