- 2 cups riced cauliflower (10 ounces weight)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces weight)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave uncovered on high until tender, about 2 minutes. When the cauliflower is done, let sit on the counter to cool, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to release steam.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, cheddar cheese, eggs, oregano, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Spread into a rectangular shape and flatten to about 3/4 inches thick.
- Bake at 425 F until the top is golden, about 25 minutes.
- After baking, top with pesto sauce, spreading it out evenly across the top. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Return to the oven and bake until the pesto is hot and the cheese has melted, about a few minutes.
- Cut into long pieces and serve while hot.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 510 (70% from fat)|
|Total Fat 39g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Net Carb 4.5g|
|Total Carb 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||19%|
NOTES & TIPS
Riced Cauliflower. I highly recommend buying a bag of pre-riced cauliflower to save you time and effort. They’re available at Trader Joe’s and select supermarkets in the refrigerated produce section. Compared to ricing cauliflower manually, you won’t have to worry about processing it to the right consistency. If you are planning on ricing a head of cauliflower yourself, you can use a grater or a food processor. Do not over-mix, as the cauliflower will get wet and mushy, resulting in a wetter flatbread consistency after baking. You also want to avoid blenders because it’s easier to over-mix when using them. That’s why the store-bought bags of riced cauliflower are so convenient — they’re nice and dry.