This is a 30-minute stovetop recipe for a one-pan chicken dinner with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach in a creamy garlic sauce.
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (Note 1)
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (Note 2)
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (Note 3)
- 1/4 cup chopped
sun-dried tomatoes(Note 4)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare Chicken: Cut each chicken breast horizontally so it's half as thick as before, resulting in 4 thinner pieces (Note 5). Pat them dry with paper towels. Generously season both sides of each chicken piece with salt and pepper.
- Sear Chicken: Heat 10-inch sauté pan over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Add olive oil to cover pan, and place chicken breasts in single layer over oil. Cook until each side is golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. When chicken is cooked through, transfer to large plate. Work in batches if your pan is not large enough to hold all at once.
- Make Sauce: Reduce to low heat. Add heavy whipping cream, butter, and parmesan cheese to pan. Stir until butter and cheese are melted, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of pan. Increase to medium heat and bring to simmer. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in minced garlic and oregano until well-mixed.
- Return Chicken & Serve: Transfer chicken back to pan, leaving any liquid on plate, and simmer for 1 minute. Top with sun-dried tomatoes. Turn off heat. Serve (Note 6), and optionally top with additional grated parmesan cheese.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 780 (61% from fat)|
|Total Fat 53g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 27g||136%|
|Net Carb 6.5g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6%|
Just made this! So good! Even my picky (autistic) son ate it! Served it with cauliflower rice! The sauce is amazing. This will go in my rotation for sure.
I get bored with chicken and this recipe was a winner at the family dinner table. It tastes like it would be time consuming but it was on the table in thirty minutes! I served it over zucchini noodles and it was an all around pleaser, I will make it again!
Easy & Amazing!!
This was DELICIOUS! I didn’t have heavy cream so I used half & half and I only had sun dried tomato paste/puree so I mixed it in with the sauce. The whole family ate it and loved it without even noticing the spinach! (Which I put a little extra because it’s good for ya!)
I made this recipe and made a few adjustments given the availability of food at my local grocery store. I substituted roasted tomatoes in oil and asparagus in lieu of the spinach and added capers for the tang. This recipe is off the hook. I will make this again just because of that intense flavor of the sauce. This is a real winner. Simple too!!
I am not a cook by any means. However, on a rainy day I hit the computer and researched a new chicken recipe. My husband and I both agreed this dinner could have been served in the finest of restaurants. Not only was there great flavor but it was truly a 30 minute meal and one skillet. The only alteration made was our personal preference to add some fresh mushrooms and additional spinach which we enjoyed immensely.
Now he will expect me to cook more frequently.
I have made this recipe numerous times. It always comes out great. I followed the recipe the first few times but have since started making alterations. We regularly used frozen chopped spinach, but we add it early so it can defrost and the extra water can boil out. We also use
sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped small and mixed in the sauce while cooking. I have used light cream and it has come out fine, my mom actually prefers it this way because heavy cream is harsh on her stomach.
We love broccoli, so we serve over broccoli instead of any kind of pasta. It’s amazing over broccoli.
This recipe was delicious and easy to make! I think I’ll try adding spaghetti squash next time. Definitely adding this one to my meal rotation or guest dinner menu!
This recipe was a total hit! I added some fresh basil from my garden everybody loved it definitely will be making this again!
We enjoyed it so much! I added a bunch of seasoning and doubled the sauce, added mushrooms. We loved it and just had a side of bread.
Big hit with the family! Will definitely make this again!
Fantastic recipe!!! My household loved it!! We served it over broccoli and it just completed the meal
This recipe last evening. I used half-and-half versus heavy cream. And I did not have fresh spinach but I had frozen so I used that an equal portion and it turned out fabulous. Five stars! So very yummy
Super easy to make and delicious!
This was so good!! I served it over zucchini noodles.. it was so tasty and super satisfying! Thank you 🙂
Words cannot describe how amazing this dish is! Even my 9 month old loved it, she clapped and did a happy dance while she was eating dinner tonight. Thank you so much for this recipe, I will be making this and enjoying it often!
Made this last night for my family! It was the best! Had four adults and one child so I doubled everything. Only thing I did differently was to add sautéed mushrooms.
Served over angel hair pasta with a side of sautéed asparagus. 👍
Delicious and so easy! I’ll be making this again.
Best thing my husband and I have ever eaten! This is something I will be making regularly now. We are so picky, it’s hard to find meals to make that we like.
I made this for dinner. I pretty much doubled the recipe, because I added sauteed cut asparagus and pasta. I added even more sun dried tomatoes. It was so delicious! My husband was very impressed. I will be making this often.
This was absolutely delicious! Loved the sauce so much. This will be in regular rotation
My husband and I really enjoyed the Tuscany Chicken recipe! It was so tasty and a nice alternative from the norm. My younger boys enjoyed it as well and my 9 year old actually liked the mashed cauliflower I made as a side dish!
I just made this and believe me,it’s a keeper.
I paired with mashed cauliflower and green salad.
Soo Good! I used almond milk and added sauted mushrooms!!
After seeing this I made it and it’s delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I made this for dinner tonight and I have to say it was delicious! Definitely will be making this again.
I made this and it was delicious! Probably one of the best recipes from Pinterest that I have ever made. I sprinkled chicken with Italian seasoning when frying and also squeezed some lemon. I also sautéed mushrooms and used instead of the spinach. It was so delicious!