This crazy good quiche recipe with broccoli and bacon is sure to impress. The combination of tender broccoli florets, crunchy bacon bits, and two types of cheese make for a flavorful and satisfying meal. The addition of scallions, basil, and tomato add a fresh and colorful twist to this delicious dish.
- 9-inch deep dish pastry shell
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheese mix
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 5-ounce can
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Bake Pastry Shell: Prick pastry shell a couple of times with fork. Bake pastry shell for 7 minutes at 350 F. Shell can be baked frozen (no need to thaw).
- Assemble: Scatter a third of pepper jack and cheddar cheese mix onto pastry shell. Distribute broccoli. Add another third of pepper jack and cheddar cheese mix. Crumble bacon and spread on top. Scatter scallions. Add remainder of pepper jack and cheddar cheese mix over pie. Beat eggs, milk, basil, and pepper together; evenly pour on top. Decorate top of pie with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake: Bake pie at 350 F for 50 minutes or until starting to brown. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting into it.
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 slice):|
|Calories 310 (62% from fat)|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Net Carb 16.5g|
|Total Carb 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
NOTES & TIPS
(1) Microwaving Bacon. I microwaved the bacon with paper towels to help soak up the grease. (2) Dry Broccoli. It’s important that the broccoli isn’t wet and is dry, otherwise your quiche will turn out watery.
In the oven right now! Great recipe.
Thank you Kim, hope you love it! 🙂
Made this today for Easter and it was a huge hit!