For focaccia yeast mixture:
For focaccia dough:
- Combine all focaccia yeast mixture ingredients in a bowl and stir. Let sit at room temperature until very foamy, about 15 minutes.
- Combine all focaccia dough ingredients with the yeast mixture in a food processor or stand mixer with dough attachment. Knead for a few minutes until combined. The dough should be sticky.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Generously drizzle olive oil to grease a 10×15 inch sheet pan. Place the dough on the pan and flatten it out. Turn it over so the other side gets coated in olive oil and flatten it out to fill the size of the pan. Use fingers to make holes on top of the dough. Optionally, add some more dried thyme on top. Let rest at room temperature until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Generously drizzle more olive oil on top of the dough. Bake at 425 F until the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
- While waiting for the focaccia to cool, prepare the dipping oil by adding all dip ingredients to a shallow bowl. Serve with sliced focaccia.
NOTES & TIPS
Leftovers. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. To reheat, spray both sides of the focaccia with water, briefly drain any excess water, and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.