- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Make Dip: Stir together all dip ingredients in small bowl until well-mixed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prep Asparagus: Trim asparagus spears by cutting off tough woody ends so that 6 inches of asparagus remains. Rinse and dry them.
- Prep Breading Station: Whisk egg and heavy cream in bowl until combined and pale yellow, then pour into shallow plate large enough to hold asparagus spears. Stir together all breading ingredients in another shallow plate until well-mixed with no clumps. Prepare large tray lined with
parchment paperto hold breaded asparagus (Note 5).
- Bread Asparagus: Generously coat each asparagus spear in egg wash with one hand, then in breading with second hand until well-coated on all sides (Note 6). Gently shake off excess and transfer to prepared parchment paper.
- Fry Asparagus: Fry breaded asparagus until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, then drain on paper towels. You may need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding. After frying, handle asparagus carefully so that breading stays intact. Serve hot with dip (Note 8).
|Makes 2 Servings (Note 9)|
|Amount Per Serving (5 fried spears):|
|Calories 420 (86% from fat)|
|Total Fat 40g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Net Carb 3.5g|
|Total Carb 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14%|