- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese (Note 4)
- Make Dough: Stir dry ingredients (almond flour, oregano, garlic powder, baking powder, salt) in large microwave-safe bowl until well-mixed. Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to same bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Stir until mixture forms smooth dough. Stir in egg until absorbed and well-mixed; if easier, use your hands to knead once dough is cool enough to handle.
- Form Knots: Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 9-inch-long log, then form into knot-like shape (Note 5). Place knots at least 1 inch apart on lined baking sheet. Spray or brush tops with oil.
- Bake: Bake at 375 F until lightly golden on top, about 15 minutes (Note 6), then remove garlic knots from oven.
- Broil: Set broiler on high. Microwave butter and minced garlic in small heatproof bowl until melted. Brush garlic butter over tops of garlic knots. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Return garlic knots to oven and broil until golden brown on top, about 1 minute; monitor carefully because they can easily burn. Serve hot (Note 7).
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 garlic knot):|
|Calories 180 (72% from fat)|
|Total Fat 15g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||28%|
|Net Carb 3g|
|Total Carb 4.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|