- Cook bacon slices in a pan over medium heat until very crispy. Place on a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine heavy whipping cream, tomato paste, cayenne, and salt in a bowl. Stir until well mixed; this will be the tomato sauce used later. Set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan, cooking over medium heat until the garlic browns, a few minutes.
- Add gnocchi to the pan, stirring and cooking for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add tomato sauce to the pan, mixing so that everything is coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and sliced scallions over the top of the pan. Serve.
NOTES & TIPS
Traditionally, arrabbiata pasta is served with penne and pecorino romano cheese, but since this recipe is nowhere near authentic, it is made using gnocchi, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, and lots of extra crispy bacon.