- 2 slices leftover roasted turkey or enough to cover the bread
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mash the avocado to a chunky consistency in a bowl. Mix with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- For two of the bread slices, distribute and evenly spread the avocado mixture on the side without butter. Top with turkey slices. Lastly, spread the cranberry sauce on top. Place the remaining bread slices on top to form sandwiches, with the buttered side facing outward.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Toast the sandwiches on each side until the bread is golden-brown, 3-6 minutes per side. Check that the turkey is heated through.
NOTES & TIPS
This recipe is flexible and you can easily incorporate any other leftover Thanksgiving ingredients you may have.