- Bake the pastry shell for 5 minutes at 350 F. Prick the shell a few times with a fork before baking. You can bake the frozen shell — no need to thaw.
- Cook the bacon strips in a pan over medium-low heat until very crispy, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel, and then crumble the bacon.
- Scatter about two-thirds of the shredded pepper jack cheese over the pastry shell.
- Add half of the sliced tomatoes, half of the crumbled bacon, minced onion, and basil over the pie.
- Scatter remaining pepper jack cheese over the pie.
- Beat eggs, milk and pepper together. Pour over the pie.
- Decorate the top of the pie with the remainder of the sliced tomatoes and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake the pie at 350 F for about 50 minutes or until it starts to brown. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into it.
NOTES & TIPS
Let the quiche cool down (about 30 minutes) after baking so that it hardens a bit. Otherwise it’ll be too soft and oozy when you slice into it, making it more difficult to cut neat slices.