- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 5 dried whole red chili peppers, seeded and diced (Note 1)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Marinate Chicken: Stir together all marinade ingredients in large bowl until corn starch is dissolved. Add chopped chicken, and stir until marinade is mostly absorbed. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Ingredients: Stir together all sauce ingredients in small bowl until well-mixed; set aside. Verify that all vegetables, chili peppers, and peanuts are chopped and ready to go.
- Heat Oil: Heat oil in wide nonstick pan (Note 4) over medium-high heat for a few minutes until hot. Add dried chilis and briefly stir with oil, about 15 seconds.
- Cook Chicken & Veg: Add chicken with marinade to pan. Cook until chicken is cooked on the outside, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped bell pepper and zucchini, and cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Sauce: Pour prepared sauce into pan, and stir to coat chicken and vegetables with sauce. Simmer to thicken sauce, less than 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve: Remove pan from heat. Transfer to serving bowls, and top with chopped peanuts. Serve (Note 5).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 350 (32% from fat)|
|Total Fat 13g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Net Carb 10g|
|Total Carb 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|