Cream Cheese Filling:
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Precook Bacon: Cook bacon in wide pan over medium heat until some fat is rendered but slices are still soft and pliable. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Prepare Equipment: Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare baking sheet lined with foil and fitted with wire rack (Note 3).
- Cut Asparagus: Trim each asparagus spear by cutting off tough woody end so that 6 inches of asparagus is remaining. Cut each trimmed spear into 3 equal pieces, and place these 3 pieces side by side to form one bundle.
- Make Filling: Microwave cream cheese until very soft and easily mixed, about 15 seconds (Note 4). Stir with cheddar cheese and garlic powder until well-mixed.
- Assemble: Spread about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese filling onto each bundle of 3 asparagus pieces, and wrap with 1 slice of bacon. Place bundles with seam side facing down on wire rack.
- Bake: Bake at 400 F until bacon is crispy and any exposed cream cheese is browning, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately (Note 5).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (3 pieces):|
|Calories 160 (70% from fat)|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||36%|
|Net Carb 1.5g|
|Total Carb 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||3%|