Bacon Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup finely chopped kimchi
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup diced frozen carrots
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon
- Heat bacon strips in a single layer on a large pan over medium heat. Cook until crispy, turning them occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain and cool.
- Add minced garlic to the pan with bacon drippings. Stir as the garlic browns, less than a minute.
- Add peas, carrots, and kimchi. Increase to medium-high heat. Cook until everything is tender, a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cauliflower rice, cooking for a few minutes until tender, stirring frequently.
- Pour beaten eggs on top. Immediately stir to scramble the eggs until they’re cooked and everything is well-mixed, about a minute.
- Drizzle sriracha on top, and stir until well-mixed, about a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat. Crumble bacon into small pieces over the pan and stir them in.
- Serve in bowls. Optionally top with fried eggs, sesame seeds, a drizzle of chili sauce, and a swirl of sesame oil.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 190 (40% from fat)|
|Total Fat 8g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Net Carb 7.5g|
|Total Carb 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
NOTES & TIPS
This recipe moves fast, so have everything chopped, measured, and ready to go. If you opt to serve with fried eggs, you can fry the eggs in a small separate pan when the bacon is almost done crisping. You can rice cauliflower using a food processor, but it’s easier to buy riced cauliflower at the grocery store. I buy mine at Trader Joe’s, and you can also buy it at Whole Foods and some Costco stores. Some supermarkets carry the Green Giant line of riced vegetables, which includes riced cauliflower. I use kimchi from Trader Joe’s, which is a traditional kimchi made with napa cabbage, radishes, chili, and garlic. You’ll need to drain and finely chop the kimchi before adding it to the pan.