- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (Note 1)
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut smaller than 2 inches
- 3 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Note 2)
- 1/2 cup drained sliced kalamata olives or black olives (Note 3)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake Eggplant & Broccoli: Spread out eggplant cubes and broccoli florets in single layer on baking sheet lined with
parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered at 400 F until eggplant and broccoli are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Assemble Casserole: Add roasted eggplant and broccoli to
8×8 inch baking dish. Season with oregano and lightly toss to mix. Add chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, and 2/3 of cheddar cheese to baking dish. Carefully stir until well-mixed (Note 4). Evenly scatter remaining cheese on top. Pour beaten egg over cheese.
- Bake Casserole: Bake uncovered at 400 F for 15 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes, then serve (Note 5).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 340 (66% from fat)|
|Total Fat 25g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Net Carb 7g|
|Total Carb 14.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||31%|