Instant Pot Creamy Chicken With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
For Seasoning Chicken:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried italian herbs (Note 5)
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Season Chicken: Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make them thinner. Pat dry with paper towels. Stir all seasoning ingredients (olive oil, garlic, dried herbs, salt, pepper) in small bowl until well-mixed. Evenly spread over both sides of each chicken piece.
- Pressure Cook: Add water to pot. Lift up each chicken piece and use sturdy utensil to loosen any brown bits stuck to bottom of pot. Verify that chicken pieces are evenly distributed and that sufficient water covers bottom of pot (if not, add water to cover). Secure and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes (Note 7), then release pressure by gradually turning release knob to venting position.
- Thicken Sauce: Uncover and transfer chicken to plate, leaving liquid in pot. Discard half of liquid, about 1/3 cup, so that remaining liquid barely covers bottom of pot. Select sauté mode for medium heat. Stir in heavy cream and cream cheese until melted. Simmer sauce for a few minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cut chicken into strips. Turn off sauté mode.
- Finish & Serve: Add sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and parmesan cheese to pot, stirring with sauce for a few seconds. Transfer chicken strips back to pot, stirring to soak up sauce. Serve hot (Note 8).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 750 (58% from fat)|
|Total Fat 48g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 24g||121%|
|Net Carb 6g|
|Total Carb 7.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6%|