- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed (Note 1)
- 1 lime, juiced (1-2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Marinate Chicken: Rub salt, pepper, and lime juice over all surfaces of chicken thighs; set aside. Stir together all marinade ingredients in large bowl until well-mixed. Add chicken thighs to bowl one at a time, using tongs to stir them around until smeared with marinade before adding another. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
- Prepare: Position oven rack in center of oven. Turn on broiler, set to high. If broiler is not available, plan to bake instead (Note 4) by preheating oven to 450 F. Prepare baking sheet lined with foil or
parchment paper, optionally fitted with greased wire rack (Note 5). Use tongs to transfer marinade-covered chicken thighs to baking sheet, spreading out each thigh to lay it flat without touching others. Discard excess marinade in bowl.
- Cook Chicken: Place baking sheet in oven, cooking until chicken appears mostly dry on top with a few blackened tips, 15 to 20 minutes. Take out baking sheet, flip chicken thighs, and return to oven. Cook until chicken appears dry and is cooked through, about 10 minutes, monitoring frequently to avoid burning. Serve (Note 6).
|Makes 3 Servings (Note 7)|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 340 (43% from fat)|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Net Carb 5g|
|Total Carb 6.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|