- 2 pounds raw pork sausage, casings removed
- 20 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- 3 cups mixed chopped vegetables (Note 1)
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare: Add all chopped vegetables and half of cheddar cheese to
9×13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook Hash Browns: Working in batches, heat hash browns on large oiled pan over medium heat. Cook until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer hash browns to baking dish, and set aside.
- Cook Sausages: Add pork sausages to now-empty pan over medium heat, and use stiff utensil to break apart and crumble sausages. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer sausages to baking dish, excluding any liquid in pan. Stir sausages with hash browns and vegetables in baking dish.
- Make Liquid Mixture: In large mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until mixed. Pour mixture into baking dish, or keep separate if making ahead of time (Note 2).
- Bake & Serve: Bake casserole at 350 F until eggs are set, about 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Let cool before serving (Note 3).
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 730 (65% from fat)|
|Total Fat 53g||81%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||89%|
|Net Carb 25g|
|Total Carb 27.5g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|