- 12 egg roll wrappers (Note 1)
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (10 ounces weight)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- oil for frying
- Make Filling: Add cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, and salt to large pan over medium heat. Cook until carrots soften, at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer vegetables to large bowl, stirring with minced garlic until well-mixed.
- Wrap Egg Rolls: Lay out egg roll wrappers with corners facing you, and set out small bowl of water. Distribute filling onto bottom half of each wrapper. Working with one wrapper at a time, use finger to brush water along all edges to moisten, fold up closest corner over filling, then fold over sides, then roll up. Dab last fold with more water to seal. Repeat for all other wrappers.
- Fry Egg Rolls: Add oil to large pot until oil is about 1 inch deep, and place over medium heat. When oil temperature reaches 350 F (Note 2), add egg rolls in batches of 3 to 5 depending on size of pot. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve: Stir together all sauce ingredients in small bowl until well-mixed. Serve egg rolls with sauce (Note 3).
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (2 egg rolls with sauce):|
|Calories 270 (11% from fat)|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Net Carb 47.5g|
|Total Carb 52.5g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|