This recipe is an easy one-pan beef stroganoff with egg noodles, with all ingredients cooked in the same pan. Tender slices of flank steak are sautéed with juicy mushrooms and shallots, and served over a bed of buttery noodles.
- 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces
extra wide egg noodles(Note 1)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook Meat & Veggies: Heat olive oil in 3-quart or larger pan over medium heat for a few minutes. Add sliced steak, salt, and pepper. Increase to medium-high heat and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan. Cook until mushrooms soften and shrink, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat. Transfer pan's contents to large bowl, and set aside.
- Cook Noodles: Melt butter in now-empty pan over medium heat. Add flour and constantly stir for a few minutes. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to pan, stirring until combined and sauce is thickened a bit, about 5 minutes. Add egg noodles to pan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring and gradually reducing to medium-low heat to maintain simmer. Simmer until noodles are cooked, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste to test for doneness, adding more broth as needed.
- Serve: Transfer steak and mushroom mixture back to pan. Cook until steak and mushrooms are heated through, a few minutes. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve (Note 2).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 400 (39% from fat)|
|Total Fat 17g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||38%|
|Net Carb 24g|
|Total Carb 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Nobody had “extra wide egg noodles” or flank steak and I happened to have a 500g box of Barilla fettuccine toscane and a 500g Angus outside skirt steak.
I read somewhere that skirt steak is a great stir-fry meat so I’m going to try out this recipe with these ingredients.
I’ll let you know how it turns out.
That’ll work. Let me know how it turns out!
Apologies for the late response. I plain forgot.
I was mildly surprised at how well it turned out.
I will try it again but this time I will brown the steak using burnt sugar à la Créole.
I assigned my version four stars as I would be happy to try it again.
added 8 oz sour cream for creaminess and flavor to the sauce