- 12 ounces flank steak (Note 1)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Marinate Beef: Stir together all marinade ingredients in large bowl until corn starch is dissolved. Slice beef against grain into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick, and add to bowl with marinade. Stir together until marinade is fully absorbed by beef. Set aside for about 5 minutes to marinate.
- Prepare Sauce: Stir together all sauce ingredients in small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Brown Beef: Heat oil in wok or pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes until hot. Add beef and cook in hot oil for a few minutes until browned, constantly stirring and flipping beef slices. Use slotted spoon or tongs to transfer only beef to plate, leaving oil in wok.
- Add Sauce: Reduce to medium heat. Add prepared sauce to wok and cook for less than a minute until fragrant, stirring frequently. Return beef to wok and stir with sauce for a few minutes until well-mixed.
- Serve: Remove wok from heat. Stir in sliced scallions and serve (Note 5).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 520 (56% from fat)|
|Total Fat 32g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Net Carb 8g|
|Total Carb 8.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|