Instant Pot Corned Beef
- 3 pounds corned beef (Note 1)
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 5 cups water
- Add Beef: Place corned beef into
pressure cookerwith at least 6 quart capacity (Note 2), including juices that separated from meat and any included flavorings. Add water to pressure cooker pot so that water level is even with top of corned beef, about 5 cups. If beef is partially protruding out of water, push it down.
- Pressure Cook: Cover and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 90 minutes, followed by quick pressure release. Uncover, and check if fork can easily pierce thickest part of beef; if not, cook for another 10 minutes and test again.
- Add Vegetables: Without removing corned beef from pressure cooker, add cabbage wedges and carrots, pushing down to fill the space. Don't overfill past maximum capacity of pressure cooker.
- Pressure Cook: Cover and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes, followed by quick pressure release. Uncover, then drain vegetables and corned beef.
- Slice & Serve: Slice corned beef against grain (perpendicular to muscle fibers) into thick slices, and serve with cabbage and carrots. Save leftovers (Note 3).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 570 (47% from fat)|
|Total Fat 30g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||59%|
|Net Carb 5.5g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||11%|