- Prepare Equipment: Set aside baking dish large enough to hold chicken and vegetables, such as 13×9-inch casserole dish. Position oven rack in bottom third of oven so that chicken placed on baking dish will be centered in oven. Preheat to 425 F.
- Prepare Chicken: Clean chicken and remove any giblets. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Place chicken in baking dish, breast side up. Stuff chicken cavity with lemon wedges and garlic. Tie legs together with twine, and tuck wings under body.
- Add Seasonings: Arrange vegetables around chicken in baking dish. Stir together melted butter and thyme, and brush all over chicken and vegetables. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper all over.
- Bake: Bake uncovered until chicken is cooked through, about 80 minutes (Note 3). Bubbling juices should be visible in baking dish, released by cooked chicken.
- Serve: Let chicken rest for 10 minutes, then slice and transfer to serving plates. Spoon juices in baking dish over sliced chicken, and serve (Note 4).
|Makes 4 Servings (Note 6)|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 650 (64% from fat)|
|Total Fat 46g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||76%|
|Net Carb 5.5g|
|Total Carb 8.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|