Almond Flour Crackers
- Make Dough: Stir together all dry ingredients (almond flour, parmesan cheese, pepper, salt) in bowl until well-mixed. Stir in 2/3 of beaten egg (Note 3) until mixture forms into cohesive and rollable dough, using hands if needed. Set aside remainder of egg.
- Roll Out Dough: Divide dough into 4 equal balls (Note 4) and space out on parchment paper. Working with one at a time, cover with plastic wrap and flatten dough as thin as possible (Note 5), ideally less than 1/8 inch thick, into roughly square shape, about 3×3 inches. Dough should have uniform thickness so that crackers will crisp evenly in oven.
- Score & Brush: Optionally, use butter knife to lightly score dough into 16 to 20 individual crackers, making them easier to separate after baking. Using remaining beaten egg, brush very thin layer across surface of crackers. Discard rest of egg.
- Bake: Bake at 350 F until crackers are golden brown and crispy, about 20 minutes. They will crisp starting from edges and moving inward; crackers are done when centers are crispy. Since ovens vary, frequently monitor starting at 15 minutes and remove when done.
- Cool: Let crackers fully cool before breaking into individual crackers by snapping along perforations. Serve (Note 6).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (8-10 crackers):|
|Calories 370 (70% from fat)|
|Total Fat 29g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Net Carb 3.5g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18%|