- 8 large eggs
- 6-ounce package baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto (4 slices), cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into short strips
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Make Egg Mixture: Whisk eggs, heavy cream, black pepper, salt, and half of parmesan cheese in large mixing bowl until well-beaten. Set aside.
- Cook Prosciutto: Coat bottom of oven-safe 10-inch high-sided pan (Note 2) with olive oil, and add chopped prosciutto. Cook over medium heat until slightly crispy, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use tongs to transfer prosciutto to large bowl, leaving behind oil and grease in pan.
- Cook Vegetables: Add bell pepper slices to pan and cook until seared and soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to same bowl with prosciutto. Reduce to medium-low heat. Add spinach to pan and cook until just wilted, a few minutes, stirring almost constantly. Transfer to same bowl. Turn off heat.
- Assemble Frittata: Give egg mixture a stir and pour into pan. Leaving behind any juices in bowl, transfer prosciutto, spinach, and bell pepper to pan, arranging until evenly distributed in egg mixture. Gently push down on anything protruding up.
- Cook Frittata: Cover with lid and cook over low heat until most of surface is no longer liquid, about 15 minutes. Gently shake pan; center should be set and only edges should be liquid (Note 3). Remove pan from heat.
- Broil Frittata: Uncover and evenly distribute remaining parmesan cheese on top. Optionally season with additional black pepper. Turn on broiler. Place frittata in middle of oven and broil uncovered until surface is completely set and cheese is bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes. Frequently monitor so that frittata does not overcook.
- Cool & Serve: Let stand to cool for a few minutes. Use spatula to loosen sides of frittata, then cut into wedges. Serve and save leftovers (Note 4).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 410 (69% from fat)|
|Total Fat 31g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||77%|
|Net Carb 4g|
|Total Carb 5.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||7%|