Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- 2 pounds beef eye of round, bottom round, or top round
- 1/2 cup diced onions (1/4 to 1/2 onion)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (1 to 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (1 to 2 stalks)
- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Prep Beef: Trim any excess fat from beef, and cut into 8 to 10 slices about 1/2 inch thick. Pat dry with paper towels. Stir together all dry seasonings in small bowl until well-mixed. Add sliced beef and dry seasonings to resealable bag, and toss until beef is well-coated.
- Add Vegetables: Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to now-empty pot. Cook for a few minutes to soften, stirring frequently. Turn off sauté mode. Add diced tomatoes, including liquid in can, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together until well-mixed, loosening flavorful brown bits stuck to pot. Return beef slices sans drippings to pot, snugly arranging beef on top of vegetables. Evenly distribute mushrooms on top.
- Pressure Cook (Note 3): Secure and seal lid. Cook for 30 minutes at high pressure, followed by 10 minute natural release. Manually release remaining pressure.
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 400 (33% from fat)|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Net Carb 9.5g (Note 6)|
|Total Carb 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|