- 2 pounds beef round (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup diced onions (1/4 to 1/2 onion)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (1 to 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (1 to 2 stalks)
- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Prep Beef: Trim any excess fat from beef, and cut into round slices about 1/2 inch thick. Pat dry with paper towels. Stir together all dry seasonings in small bowl until well-mixed. Add sliced beef and dry seasonings to resealable bag, and toss until beef is well-coated.
- Add Vegetables: Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to now-empty pot. Cook for a few minutes until aromatic, stirring frequently. Add diced tomatoes (including liquid in can), Worcestershire sauce, and 2/3 cup water. Stir together until well-mixed. Return beef slices and any bowl drippings to pot, snugly arranging beef on top of vegetables. Evenly distribute mushrooms on top.
- Slow Cook: Cover with tightly fitting lid. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 hours, or until beef is very tender and nearly falling apart.
- Serve: Uncover, and turn off heat. Transfer only beef slices onto serving plates. Stir together vegetables and sauce in pot, loosening any brown bits stuck to bottom, and spoon them over beef. Top with parsley, then serve (Note 3).
|Makes 5 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 320 (33% from fat)|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Net Carb 7.5g|
|Total Carb 9.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|