This Indian-inspired meal has tender pulled chicken and a rich coconut-based sauce with flavorful spices. This dish is easy to make — a dump-and-go Instant Pot recipe.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (Note 2)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon
ground cayenne(Note 3)
- Add Ingredients: Add all ingredients except chicken thighs to
pressure cooker(Note 4). Stir until well-mixed. Add chicken thighs, arranging evenly on top of yogurt-coconut mixture.
- Pressure Cook: Secure and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes, followed by quick pressure release.
- Shred Chicken: Uncover and transfer only chicken to plate. Use two forks to shred chicken, then return to pot. Stir together.
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 410 (52% from fat)|
|Total Fat 24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||41%|
|Net Carb 6g|
|Total Carb 7.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6%|
Delicious! I didn’t have fresh ginger, so I used 1/2 tsp of ground ginger. I served it with steamed spinach and carrots. I left out the cayenne for my spice intolerant family and just sprinkle a little on my own portion. It was great.
this was incredibly delicious! I served it with baby spinach, leftover crispy chickpeas and a little leftover rice. I’d make again and double the recipe!
Can this be made with chicken breasts?
I haven’t tried this with chicken breasts, but I think that would work fine 🙂
This looks very good!! Could I make this on a crockpot instead? Also my grocer does not carry fresh ginger, I live in a very small rural town, could I use ground ginger and adjust it accordingly?
Hi Patti! A crockpot would work well with this recipe. Only thing is that you won’t be able to saute it at the end, so it’s going to be soup-like. And yes, I think ground ginger would work just fine 🙂