Learn how to cook lobster tails with lemon garlic butter, topped with a crispy parmesan bread crumb mixture. This recipe only takes 30 minutes from start to finish, and is perfect for date nights and other special occasions.
- 2 lobster tails (Note 1)
Lemon Garlic Butter:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
Bread Crumb Mixture:
- 2 tablespoons
panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese (Note 2)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- Prepare Lobster (Note 3): Working with one lobster tail at a time, use scissors to snip through top of shell (round hard side), cutting through part of meat and stopping before tail. Carefully pry shell open wide enough to separate meat from shell, but keep meat attached at tail. Lift meat up and over shell.
- Brush Butter: Stir all lemon garlic butter ingredients together in small bowl until mixed. Brush along lobster tails to coat.
- Broil: Set oven rack about 8 inches from broiler flame. Turn on broiler at high setting. Broil lobster tails until cooked through, about 10 minutes (Note 4). Meanwhile, stir all bread crumb mixture ingredients together in small bowl until mixed.
- Broil Again: Remove lobster tails from oven and top with bread crumb mixture. Return lobster tails to oven to broil for another 1 to 2 minutes until crispy. Serve immediately (Note 5).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 lobster tail):|
|Calories 300 (61% from fat)|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Net Carb 7g|
|Total Carb 7.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
The tip on how to “flip” the meat was great, but I would caution anyone following the cooking directions to completely ignore the 8” distance to heat source and ten minutes cook time. I followed the directions and ended up with rubber lobster. I would advise for the small tailed lobster to lower the height to at least 16”, cook under low broil temp, and only flash broil the panco mix.
Made this for my daughter tonight, they came out perfectly.
Awesome lobster!! Thank you! Super simple and delicious!
I wanted to try something different. I made it and it turned out fantastic. Thanks
Easy and great!
Made this for a night with my boyfriend. We did it together and it came out just perfect. Will be preparing it again.
Made this for Valentines Day….. PERFECT SIMPLY PERFECT!!!!!
I made the lobster and wow did they come out great. Thanks and I can’t wait to make them again
Made this tonight for the hubby and I and it was DEEELISH!!! Thank you so much! I made it to the T too.
This really helps thanks
It really looks delicious and reading its ingredients and procedure, its quote easy to make. I am so happy I stumbled onto this recipe. I will definitely try this next week for my birthday dinner. Thank you so much Julia for sharing this recipe.
Thank you- makes one really look good especially served with a small filet and a good bottle of Chardonnay.
Made this for my Granddaughter ‘a Birthday
It was delicious